Your item has been added to the shopping basket
Welcome to Snazaroo
We think you are a customer from:
USA / Canada
UK / Rest of World
If this is correct, press the 'continue' button to go to your store.
Total: $ 0.00
Black Light UV Kit
Special FX Kit
Themed Mini Kits
Ultimate Party Pack
Princess Party Pack
Pirate Party Pack
Professional Party Kits
Face Painting Sticks
Brushes & Sponges
Find Out More
What do I need?
Reindeer - Boy
Reindeer - Girl
Horror & Halloween
What Do I Need
What do I need to start Face Painting ?
You can paint a fantastic face from the first time you pick up a face painting brush. With only a few colours and simple strokes, it really is easy to create simple designs that children will love. Then, with practice, you can learn to create incredibly detailed works of art.
You will not need to buy vast amounts of expensive equipment, but the following items are essential.
• Water based face paints - you can choose from individual pots of colour or a standard 8 colour palette. We recommend you start with at least the three primary colours: red, yellow, blue, plus a black and white, this way you will be able to create other colours by mixing them. If you need some help mixing colours you can purchase our 28 page face painting guide which includes a mixing chart to give you a helping hand.
- we suggest using a high density sponge as this type of sponge will give you better coverage and reduce any streaking. When using a sponge try cutting one into wedges as this will give you a fine edge as well as a broad surface. For more useful tips on using sponges, see our
– Use brushes for the finer details. Snazaroo brushes are made from Toray and they are one of the best types of brushes for face painting as they give more control. They are made from synthetic fibres and are therefore much less expensive than sable brushes. For more useful tips on brushes for face painting, see our
• Bowl of water – to rinse your sponges and brushes.
Other useful tools and accessories:
– Glitter is one of those things which is questionable whether it is essential or not, as every little girl loves to have some sparkle on their design!
– to add that extra dimension and sparkle to your creations.
– add some extra shimmer to your designs. Iridescent powders work really well as a base and give a lovely shimmer. You can just brush it on like blusher or add some water to give you a bold dazzling design. To use wet: try putting a small amount of powder in your lid and add a very small amount of water until it forms a thick liquid; this will create a fabulous shiny liquid and can be used to create a great bold shiny outline, perfect for those girly designs! However, remember to wash your lid before screwing it back on!
• Hair band or clips to keep hair away from the face.
• Small Towel - to keep your hands clean.
– these are always helpful if you’re not particularly confident at painting freehand.
• Mirror – so your model can admire their finished creation!
Choosing your Face Paints
Always ensure you select high quality face paints which have been fully tested and approved by all EU and US legislation (FDA Approved). To find out more, see our
To see our full range of colours, why not download and print our Snazaroo
Face Painting Kits
As you will see from the website Snazaroo have created a variety of kits ranging from small
which can paint up to 10 faces, to large
which can paint 1000+ faces.
If you are looking for a face painting kit for your child/children a good kit to start with would be the best-selling
Rainbow Face Painting Kit
, this great kit can paint up to 50 full faces and includes a fabulous full colour
28 page step-by-step guide
Alternatively, if you are planning to face paint at your child/children's party you may wish to purchase the
Ultimate Party Pack Face Painting Kit
, this again is another super kit which can paint up to 60 full faces and also contains a full colour step-by-step guide along with one of the most important products for those little girls,
If you are feeling confident in your ability and wish to branch out a little further or maybe create your own business, then why not try our
Professional Face Painters Kit
, this comprehensive kit can easily paint over 1000+ full faces and contains everything you need to get you started.
If you require any further information on choosing the right kit for you, please contact one of the Snazaroo team on 0044 (0) 1643 707659 or alternatively e-mail us at
Refunds & Returns
Terms & Conditions
© Snazaroo 2014